If you have been injured in an accident you need a lawyer to protect your rights and your best interests. Andrew Greenspan is an experienced and qualified lawyer for car accident cases. He has been practicing law for over 30 years. He can represent you in negotiations with the insurance company and, if the insurance company is unwilling to offer you a fair settlement, litigation.
When we talk about “liability” we are really asking two related questions, “who caused this accident?” and “was the at-fault driver negligent.” A person who negligently injures another is responsible for the harm caused by their negligence. Some examples of negligence are:
1. driving too fast;
2. driving too closely;
3. failing to notice and respond to slowing traffic ahead;
4. failing to obey traffic control devices, such as red lights or stop signs;
5. improper or unsafe lane changes;
6. driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
7. failing to yield the right-of-way to another vehicle or pedestrians.
After any accident you should:
• Get the names and addresses of all drivers and witnesses to the accident.
• If someone is injured, call for emergency responders.
• Know the facts. How did the accident happen? What was the position and speeds of the cars before the accident? Where did the vehicles come to a stop after the accident? Were there any skid marks?
• If you have a cell phone with you, take photos of the scene, the vehicles (property damage and tag numbers), roadway conditions, traffic control devices.
• Make sure you obtain and exchange insurance information with all involved drivers.
• Inform your attorney.
Damages from an accident may involve property damage to your car; medical bills, lost wages and the physical pain and discomfort you experience from your injuries. A lawyer can help you gather the records you need to prove your damages. In addition, you may be entitled to compensation under different insurance policies or different coverages under the same policy. Trying to navigate your way on your own through the intricacies of personal injury law and insurance coverage can be difficult and confusing. Get an attorney with knowledge and experience. With more than a dozen years leading in-house counsel operations for a major Fortune 500 property and casualty insurance company, Andrew Greenspan knows insurance coverage and insurance law. And with over 30 years of experience in the courtroom, he is more than capable of seeing that your rights to compensation are protected if your case goes to trial.